5 Nutrition Tips to Help You Slim Down and Look GreatBy Eddie Johnston
Diet plans, along with death and taxes, one of the constants of life. There are two main reasons that they are so popular and numerous. Firstly, modern culture is obsessed with appearance. We are bombarded with images all day long of models in sexy underwear or expensive clothes and as a result many people become dissatisfied with their own body image and think that they should look more like the professional models in magazines, on TV and billboards. Secondly, in the drive for ever increasing profits we are encouraged to over-consume through clever marketing, one of the things which we over-consume is food. As a culture we eat too much food, much of it unhealthy and high calorie. How can we escape from this vicious circle?
The first thing is to recognize it for what it is and take action to combat it. Not everyone has the time to plan every meal or work out consistently, but below are some useful, actionable tips that work for the average person looking to make changes in their dietary habits;
1. Eat before you shop for food - it is a well-known fact that, proven by research, that people who shop whilst hungry buy more food and much of it is the wrong type of food.
2. Make a shopping list and stick to it - This is a no-brainer; if you wander around the store randomly items will inevitably catch your attention and you will buy things that you don't need and that aren't healthy. Armed with a list you can move swiftly through the store picking up only what you need and avoiding temptation. These two tips will also save you money!
3. High protein / low carb diet - Eating foods that have a high protein content, such as chicken or fish, will help you keep your weight down. the effect can be doubled by cutting highly-processed carbohydrates, made with refined flour and/or refined sugars, from your diet. This approach will help you reduce your body fat quicker.
4. Deny yourself treats - By simply cutting out sweets, fats and other high calorie items from your diet you will increase your weight loss efforts significantly. If you find it difficult to give up your treats entirely, start by cutting down and slowly reduce your consumption to as close to zero as possible.
5. Eat smaller meals more often - The body is actually a machine for storing calories and this is what makes weight loss so difficult. This goes back to when food was not so plentiful and it was important for the body to store calories as long as possible as who knew where the next meal was coming from? Instead of eating 'three square meals' a day, eat the same amount, but do so six times a day. So split each meal in two and eat at regular intervals. This will trick your body into speeding up your metabolism and burning more calories as it expects to be fed much more regularly.
There you go - 5 very actionable tips that are guaranteed to help you lose fat and be more healthy, you can read more about diets that work on our website.
Too many people give in to temptation when they try to lose weight. Don't let this be you! Visit http://www.fatloss-guide.com and get FREE newsletter on weight loss. A new you is just a click away!